Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blog Post 2



children thinking

1. Did you know?
This video was very interesting and very informative. It showed me many facts that I was not aware of. This film astonished me and the way I look at the world. I was completely unaware of the growing rate of the world and technology. In that same thought I had NO idea that the United States was so far behind.
In saying all this, I would also like to point out the fact that I was not aware how much technology we needed to know. I have gained a new perspective on the use of technology! I feel that soon if you do not understand computers you will not understand the world around you. This film showed me the importance of learning more about technology and its rewarding outcome.


2. Mr. Winkle Wakes
This video reminds me a lot of the older generation and the way some people feel when they see new technology! It is crazy that the world we live is still in a slumber when it comes to technology and the world around them. I do not believe that Mr. Winkle is alone in the world. I feel that some people are still in a deep sleep when it comes to technology. I feel that our country needs to come out of that sleep and become more advanced with technology.
Technology is rising each day in the world and we must stay up to date. I hope that the schools are not always as Mr. Winkle seen and that the schools can also get more advanced in technology. I feel that the younger generation needs to know about technology in order to have an accurate learning experience for the world they will, one day, encounter.


3. The Importance of Creativity
Sir Ken Robinson was very interesting and humorous. He made the film enjoyable to listen to and stay engaged in. His ideas are exactly the idea that we all should have. I agree with him about the fact that we are taking the creativity away from the children. Children need the opportunity to be creative. I also feel that children should have the opportunity to show their talents.
I really enjoyed all the stories he told during the speech it help me be able to relate to what he was trying to say. I really liked the story about the girl from the 1930’s that he mentioned. Her mother taking her to the doctor because she thought she was sick and then he put music on and let the girl dance. Showing that there was no need to stop her from being herself. The doctor just suggested that the child be given the opportunity to dance and show her creativity.
Creativity is so important to this generation. Children loose their creative side when they do not have an opportunity to express it. I could not have said it better that Sir Robinson! He did a great job! Could not agree more with his film and truly recommend that all future educators watch this film.


4. Harness you students’ Digital Smarts
I think that it is awesome that Ms. Vicki Davis is teaching her students technology. I like the fact that she is acceptable to making mistakes and learning from her students. I believe that sometimes that can be the best way to learn. I feel that technology is all about trial and error. I took a computer class in high school that I feel taught me nothing.
Personally, I would have loved to have been in a class like Vicki’s I think she has a great idea for students. I only wish that I could have learned more about the computer in high school. Today it is all about networking and getting to know others around the world. I feel that Vicki is challenging her student ‘s in a great way!

3 comments:

  1. I could not agree any more about your comments for these videos. In watching these for starters i basically couldnt say anything more than wow for the did you know video. I had no clue technology was accelerating at such an incredible rate. And I believe that it is very important for our students these days to be allowed to explore their creative side, such that is described by Sir Ken Robinson. And i also believe that it will be the children of Ms. Davis' class who will excel in life simply because she is teaching them early in life about this technology. In our generation today it is necessary to know about technology and her class is preparing students for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Winkle is certainly not alone! How long will it take ALL the high schools in Mobile and Baldwin County to catch up? I hope it is not TOO long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a test to see whether the comments notification is working properly.

    ReplyDelete