Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Post #5

     I choose to listen/ read: "Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog", "Langwitches", and "The Benefits of Pod casting in the classroom. All of articles where very informative and well worth reading. Personally, these videos caught me about the benefits of pod casting rather than how to create a podcast. For instance, "Lanwitches" taught me that it is possible to do pod casting with small children. I did not realize until after reading this that students can learn more effectively through role playing.
     I also thought that the "Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog", was neat and I loved the sound effects and the picture of all the students. This showed that these students where learning new ideas by interacting. I believe that by these students having the opportunity to do the podcast will help them remember this information in the future. "The Benefits of Pod casting in the classroom", I can agree with some points they made on this film but not all. I feel that if a child is sick they are not going to be worried about anything that their teacher posted or lecture. I do agree that this will get the students interested and wanting to learn new material. Over all they were all interesting and fun to learn about.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal! I chose to listen to "Eagle's Nest Radio and Class Blog" also. I agree with you -- I loved the sound effects and the pictures of all the students, too! I really like your point about children learning more effectively through role playing; maybe it puts the knowledge that we are trying to teach them into a more easily accessible social format. Also, good point on "The Benefits of Pod casting in the Classroom" -- a sick child is worried more about being sick than he/she is worried about school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,

    Can you give some more examples based on your post ... I can agree with some points they made on this film but not all? I would love to hear what you have to say! There are so many podcasts out there and they range from awful to exceptional so we need to pick out all of the good and bad features of them. I think your opinion would be of great help in doing just that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the things that you disagree with? After hearing and understanding what your point of view is on my post. I would love to be more of a help. I can agree that a podcast can be helpful. Personally, I feel that they are not always as helpful as some make them out to be. For instance in my blog I posted that I did not feel that a sick student (high school or college) wants to look and find out what happened in class. Maybe some elementary students may like the idea. Honestly, when I am sick and sick enough to be in the bed, school work is going to be the 1st thing on my mind but the last thing I do. Thank you for taking interest.

    ReplyDelete