Sunday, October 10, 2010

Randy Pausch Last Lecture : Achieving your childhood dreams





Honestly, I did not want to watch this film surely when it was mentioned that it was an hour long. I was discouraged and not motivated. However, I must say that Randy has made an impact on my thoughts and my life. I feel that he made his family very proud. I am privilege to have gotten the opportunity to listen to such an inspirational speech. His speech was heart felt and compassionate. I could truly feel the love that he had for his past and the things that he accomplished. I can only imagine how proud he made his parents. He accomplished his dreams and never gave up.

Randy taught me that giving up is not an option... We must push forward even when we do not want to! He taught me not to let "brick walls" stop you, but keep pushing and get passed the walls. He taught me that those "brick walls" are for the weak and the people that choose to fail. I do not want to fail because a "brick wall" try to take me down. I want to be strong and determined like Randy.

Randy also taught me that you can not give up on your dreams! I feel that often times we forget about our dreams and stop our imagination from working. I feel that failure (brick wall) stops us from dreaming. Randy did not allow that to stop him or hold him back from what he wanted. He taught me to learn something from everything I encounter in my life. I know that there have been many times I have wanted to give up on different things and this film taught me not to be discouraged but to work harder.

Watching this speech by Randy taught me to dream big... and not only to dream but accomplish my dreams. Randy learned from every event he encounter and I would like to look back one day and say I did the same. Randy made a way when most would have seen the impossible. For example, having zero gravity- he got his journal license just so he could experience this with his team, imagine rs- was rejected but pushed forward and showed Disney that he was capable. He pushed his students to achieve and asked them to be and do their best. I am thankful that I had an opportunity to watch this film. I believe that Randy would have been an amazing man to meet.

1 comment:

  1. I agree his speech has greatly inspired me. My past teacher always told me to dream big but none of them told me I needed to accomplish those dreams. I also loved how he included his personal experiences into the speech. I agree he was a great, caring, and motivated man.

    ReplyDelete