Saturday, October 2, 2010

Blog Post 6




The Network Student

This clip was helpful and informative. However, I felt that the information could have been presented in a different way. I am not saying that I could do any better at representing the point, however, I feel that there has to be a more interesting way to tell be about technology and how it connects people. Yes, the drawing where good and fun but just not enough to keep me interested. I honestly felt as though I was staring at the pictures and not listening to anything else that was said. Another reason that I may have found this film boring was because I feel that I have already learned this information in our class.
In saying that, I feel that EDM310 along with any computer class needs an instructor/ teacher. I feel that teachers can be very helpful in these environments. The reason I feel that these classes need a teacher is because students need direction and guidance. Having a teacher in the class can reassure students that it is okay to mess up because someone is there to help you get through the problem. When learning a new task we need guidance and help when we mess up. We look to teachers for help and instruction.





A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment

I think the 7th grader did an excellent job on this film. I love the pictures and the technique much better than the one before. I feel that this one was a good example on how to bring people in and get people to watch your video. The colors and even the students  voice made you want to listen and find out what the 7th grader was saying. I feel that someone with a mono tone is hard to listen to and hard to concentrate on what they are saying. The 7th grader states that he/she has freedom to research and find new and interesting things using technology. I agree with The 7th that the the Internet holds so many interesting and fun things! I also agree that the projects always look better with technology. My only concern is that students that are not as motivated as this 7th grader will get behind and not do well in the class.




The Machine is Changing Us

I could not agree more with this video. It is so true. Year after year our culture changes due to TV, computers, cell phones, cars, etc. I personally do not know what I would do without my cellphone. It is my life line and if you look around everyone has one... these days children 9 and 10 years old are getting cellphones. Crazy!!! Family time is fading away because of technology. Culture in the United States changes everyday and with every new piece of technology.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. I agree with you completely on The Machine is Changing Us. It is crazy to see young kids walking around with cell phones. I did not get one until I was 15 and now I do not know what I would do without it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the lab assistants and the lab and our comments on your blog and our email replies filling the need you expressed in EDM310?

    Wendy Drexler is the teacher. The 7th grader was unnamed.

    Watch for my post on The Machine Is Changing Us coming soon to the class blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I thought that Wendy was the 7th grader!! I was confused!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technology is always changing. Every time I think about buying some new technological device I wonder how long it will be before the next best thing is out. The sad thing is it is not long.

    ReplyDelete