Sunday, October 31, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

Changing Education Paradigms 

Children walking


Personally my favorite thing about this animation was the fact about ADHD. I reason I find this so interesting is that teachers would rather say that children have ADHD so that they do not have to deal with him/her. Yes, I agree that SOME children need to be on medication, but not all. I could not agree more that children are used to technology and how it works and then you put a board in front of them and a lecture. What can educators expect, these children want to learn new things they just do not want to learn it through note taking and sitting in a desk for hours. Do I disagree with anything? Not really, I feel that he is making a great point about the world and school today. The standardized test are killing our teachers. These "test" that are suppose to help our children/ students are hurting them in the long run. You may ask how? Well teachers have to drill this material and the creativity is lost because the school is so worried about test scores.I feel that to some degree we are taught this in the College of Education. The College of Education tells you that you will have to give these test but they do not tell you that you can loose your creativity because you are to busy preparing students to pass the standardized test. I feel that the college of Education does not prepare teachers for the real world. I feel that the College makes teaching out to be this job filled with creativity and helping students. Yes, it is those things at times but not always. When you get the opportunity to go into a school and volunteer you will notice that teaching is not all peachy and that it has its challenges. Sometimes these challenges test you to your limit, college forgets to tell you the reality. (I am not trying to scare you, I just volunteered and it was a real eye opener for me, but the good days made me want to teach even more, I can't wait!!!) Back to the film... I liked the film I found it very neat... however, I was confused on how the drawing works. I think that I would want to be the one directing (I like showing my creative side). Over all, I liked the film it got me to thinking about a lot of different things and it enlightened me about the schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment